[GRASS-dev] GRASS on cluster: G_malloc: out of memory management

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Nov 7 17:29:32 EST 2008

hi,

I am running GRASS on an external cluster and have to specify in the
job scheduler how much memory I need. Despite a large amount
defined, I always get:

v.vol.rst ...
WARNING: Points are more dense than specified 'DMIN'--ignored 49295 points
         (remain 9976)
Percent complete: ERROR: G_malloc: out of memory

Is there a way to make this message more descriptive? Then I could
try to figure out if my memory request was simply ignored. Currently
I am quite in the dark (since the same job runs on our FEM-CEA
cluster with the same about of RAM but different job scheduler).

Knowing how much v.vol.rst tried to allocate would be already useful.

thanks
Markus