[GRASS-dev] Re: raster modules still using sites library

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Nov 19 18:51:55 EST 2008

I figured out what the 'problem' is with r.walk.

If you use a null map for the friction map (because a friction map is
required even if you don't want to use it), it creates raster support
files but no map (i.e., no cell/fcell map).

This is a minor bug as it should either give an error or create
something (null map, ignore the friction map, but something). But it
is an easy workaround and is not critical. Still, people should be
aware of this.

Michael
Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity