[GRASS-dev] fseeko() in libiostream

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Tue Oct 7 18:45:13 EDT 2008

On Tue, 7 Oct 2008, Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 11:53 AM, Paul Kelly
> <paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk> wrote:
>> Are there any really huge files anybody can test it with?
>
> For easily create a huge DEM file, do this:

Actually, thinking clearly, it's a huge input text points file it needs.
So it was easy to create a random one to test it with. And it turns out as
well as the conditionalised ftello(), it also needs
#define USE_LARGEFILES 1
right at the start of the file to "activate" the Largefile support in
config.h. But after that r.in.xyz works fine and reports the percentage
progress correctly. I'm not sure if this is by design or by accident that
it works like this but it's quite neat really.

If we get this hammered out properly it can go on
http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Large_File_Support

Paul