[GRASS-dev] compilation success

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Oct 9 00:37:58 EDT 2008

On Oct 8, 2008, at 4:05 PM, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Michael Barton wrote:
>
>> When I try the new nviz, I nothing happens visually, but I get the
>> following in the layer manager output window.
>
>> import grass6_wxnviz as wxnviz
>>   File "/Applications/Grass/GRASS-6.4.app/Contents/MacOS/etc
>> /wxpython/nviz/grass6_wxnviz.py", line 7, in <module>
>>
>> import _grass6_wxnviz
>> ImportError
>> :
>> dynamic module does not define init function
>> (init_grass6_wxnviz)
>
> Is gui/wxpython/nviz/grass6_wxnviz_wrap.cpp generated correctly?
>
> It should contain the line:
>
> 	#define SWIG_init    init_grass6_wxnviz
>
> and then the function:
>
> 	SWIGEXPORT void SWIG_init(void) {
>
> at the bottom of the file.

This looks correct. These lines/functions are present.

> Are there any errors or warnings from compilation in gui/wxpython/
> nviz?

As before, I had to remove render.c and the command line version will
not compile. Otherwise no errors.

> Does init_grass6_wxnviz (or anything similar) show up in the output
> from:
>
> 	nm -D OBJ.*/_grass6_wxnviz.so
> ?

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. But here is a result.

cmb-MBP-2:~ cmbarton$ cd /Applications/Grass/GRASS-6.4.app/Contents/
MacOS/etc/wxpython/nviz
cmb-MBP-2:nviz cmbarton$ nm -D OBJ.*/_grass6_wxnviz.so
nm: invalid argument -D
Usage: nm [-agnoprumxjlfAP[s segname sectname] [-] [-t format] [[-arch
<arch_flag>] ...] [file ...]

Michael