[GRASS-dev] Re: big region r.watershed

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 13 04:21:35 EDT 2008

Markus Metz wrote:
> Right now I don't want to introduce a new option to give the user control
> over how much memory is used (be it MB memory, number of rows or percent
> of the map) because I want to keep all options of r.watershed.fast
> identical to the original version.

adding new options is ok as it doesn't break compatibility. i.e. scripts
written to use the old version will still run fine and produce the same
output.

only removing and renaming options is frozen for GRASS 6. (but ok in GRASS 7 aka trunk/)

To gain access to the grass-addons SVN you will need to create yourself
an OSGeo id and send the name to the grass-psc mailing list, along with a
note that you have read and agree to RFC2.

Hamish