[GRASS-dev] nviz works!!!

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Oct 14 12:05:21 EDT 2008

On Oct 9, 2008, at 9:54 AM, Michael Barton wrote:

> I just deleted the wx.SL_BOTTOM style and nviz works on the Mac!!!
>
> Really cool!
>
> I committed to develbranch_6. Could someone else test to make sure
> that this doesn't cause a problem somewhere else? I have to head to
> class.
>
> Thanks for the guidance on this, and the efforts of all of you
> working together.

I just had a chance to try wx nviz.  Woohoo!

A couple notes:

- (not really nviz) The display window titlebar starts under the OSX
menubar.  I can't move or minimize the display.  I've seen this
randomly in different dev6 builds, even in the same build.  After
quitting the first wxgui session and restarting the gui, the titlebar
starts below the menubar as it should.

- whenever I click a tab in the "Nviz Tools" window, the display
window activates, and I must reactivate the Nviz tools window to
change settings.

- the Nviz tools window doesn't start large enough to show the bottom
~60px of the settings and layer properties tabs.

- if I exit NVIZ and start it again in the same wxgui session, I get a
second, duplicate Layer Properties tab, a python error:

<Error>: CGContextRestoreGState: invalid context

and the display doesn't draw, except when dragging the view controls
(and then only greyscale).

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed
robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do if
you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer, I'm
50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the
answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy