[GRASS-dev] nviz works!!!

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Oct 9 10:54:48 EDT 2008

On Oct 9, 2008, at 2:38 AM, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Michael Barton wrote:
>
>> With William's recent fix, I got farther tonight on getting a working
>> wxPython nviz than ever before.
>>
>> I still have to remove render.c, but otherwise compilation goes well.
>> When I select nviz from the map display, I now get a message box
>> saying "Please wait, loading data..." and I get a partial nviz
>> toolbar
>> (color picker and exit door). Then it sits. In the layer manager
>> output window, I get the following error.
>>   File "/Applications/Grass/GRASS-6.4.app/Contents/MacOS/etc
>> /wxpython/gui_modules/nviz_tools.py", line 1308, in
>> CreateControl
>>
>> size=sizeW)
>
>> C++ assertion "!(style & wxSL_VERTICAL) || !(style &
>> wxSL_HORIZONTAL)" failed at ../src/mac/carbon/slider.cpp(98)
>> in Create(): incompatible slider direction and orientation
>
> The style parameter is set thus:
>
>        if sliderHor:
>            style = wx.SL_HORIZONTAL | wx.SL_AUTOTICKS | \
>                wx.SL_BOTTOM
>            sizeW = (size, -1)
>        else:
>            style = wx.SL_VERTICAL | wx.SL_AUTOTICKS | \
>                wx.SL_BOTTOM | wx.SL_INVERSE
>            sizeW = (-1, size)
>
> Although it doesn't explicitly say so in the documentation, I believe
> that SL_BOTTOM is only valid in conjunction with SL_HORIZONTAL.
>
> AFAICT, for SL_VERTICAL, you have to choose either SL_LEFT or
> SL_RIGHT.

I just deleted the wx.SL_BOTTOM style and nviz works on the Mac!!!

Really cool!

I committed to develbranch_6. Could someone else test to make sure
that this doesn't cause a problem somewhere else? I have to head to
class.

Thanks for the guidance on this, and the efforts of all of you working
together.

Cheers
Michael