[GRASS-dev] Re: mapsets and locations with spaces on wingrass?

andrea antonello andrea.antonello at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 08:03:32 EDT 2008

Ok, found the following:
"If installed into a directory that has spaces in either its name or
the path of directories leading up to it, some functionalities of
GRASS might be hampered. We would highly appreciate if you tried and
reported any problems, so that we can fix them. "

I suppose that this means that usually at least it can be started, right?
Is there a list of the hampered functionalities?

Launching commands from the JGrass prepared environment I get an error
telling that the filename is illegal because of the < > character,
which I assume being the space. So the maps are not found and the
command is not launched.

Any idea on this?
Andrea