[GRASS-dev] Re: mapsets and locations with spaces on wingrass?

andrea antonello andrea.antonello at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 10:22:22 EDT 2008

[...]
>> Launching commands from the JGrass prepared environment I get an error
>> telling that the filename is illegal because of the < > character,
>> which I assume being the space. So the maps are not found and the
>> command is not launched.
>>
>> Any idea on this?
>
> Any problems with JGrass should be directed to the JGrass developers.

Perhaps I didn't explain myself well. Not asking for solvin JGrass
problems for that.
The error is a GRASS error. The fact that it was launched from JGrass
is pure info added.

> More generally, when reporting bugs, you need to state which version
> you were using. You also need to provide enough information for others
> to have a reasonable prospect of reproducing the problem (i.e. the
> exact commands used and any error messages).

Which is what I did (apart of telling the version, which is the last
found on the grass page) I think. The problem is at startup, all I
knew was what I wrote. No command executed and no error I get, so just
a description made of guesses. Anyway I was asking to understand if it
is a problem of my installation or really a general problem. Still to
early for me to file a bug.

Andrea