[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #338: d.vect / v.univar does not work for layer > 1 ; v.db.join has bugs (corrected here)

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Wed Oct 15 15:54:23 EDT 2008

#338: d.vect / v.univar does not work for layer > 1 ; v.db.join has bugs
(corrected here)
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  aprasad     |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
     Type:  defect      |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  x86-32      |
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
 Two bugs:
 1) d.vect does not work for layer > 1 (blank display) - hence
 d.vect.thematic does not work.
 d.vect.thematic has a bug i.e., does not include the layer option in
 v.univar it uses - However, including this option does NOT help ...
 BECAUSE v.univar does not work for layers > 1 (gives no values) - so used
 v.univar.sh which works (since it uses database, driver and table options
 - DON'T DEPRECATE IT YET)....BUT THEN, d.vect does not work for layers > 1
 (blank display) - which is used by d.vect.thematic.
 I was playing with sqlite database commands with multiple layers.

 2) v.db.join: The layer option was missing in v.db.addcol and, in
 db.execute, 'driver' and 'database' options were missing thus breaking it
 for layer > 1
 I have corrected the errors and attaching the corrected version
 here...tested OK.

 NOTE: I have a feeling that the v.* commands involving layer= is very
 buggy and insufficiently tested for layer > 1

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/338>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>