[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.4.0 release branch forthcoming

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 21 19:39:12 EDT 2008

Markus wrote:
> > let me suggest to create the GRASS 6.4.0 release branch the next
> > days

Paul:
> I agree - but do we need to create a release branch in advance of the
> release? Any development in the 6.4 branch at present is intended for
> the 6.4.0 release anyway; it's not as if we need to branch off the
> release to allow development to continue in the devel branch, as all
> new development is going on in trunk.
>
> I think to avoid having three separate branches (6.4 dev, 6.4 release
> and 7.0 dev/trunk) it would be best to only create the release
> branch immediately before 6.4.0 is tagged.

I think Paul is right, create 6.4.0 release branch moments before 6.4.0rc1,
otherwise there is more backporting to do, which is a pain.

or is the idea to release rc1 in the next days?

I had some things I wanted to get done before 6.4.0-final, I added/
commented on a couple in the trac system yesterday, and I'll add a few
more as I can remember them ;)

Hamish