[GRASS-dev] simwe

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Oct 30 17:56:08 EDT 2008

Helena Mitasova wrote:

> The sites issues are fixed (I commented the offending code out).

By "fixed", I meant making the code work.

AFAICT, there are two main issues:

1. fdoutwalk is a sites handle, but it's never closed. This wasn't
necessary when it was a FILE*, as it was automatically closed on exit,
but I think that it's necessary for a vector map.

2. fw is a plain FILE* (for simwe_data.txt), but it's being closed
with G_sites_close().

The "meta" issue is that the extensive use of global variables (and
the use of multiple versions of waterglobs.h) makes life hard for
anyone who isn't intimately acquainted with the code to do anything
with it. Which is why I didn't try to fix the above (mainly #1; it's
hard to figure out where to put the G_sites_close() call).