[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] g.xlist/g.xremove addons (C version of g.mlist/g.mremove)

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sun Sep 7 16:31:06 EDT 2008

Markus Neteler wrote:

> > I have added g.mlist and g.mremove to SVN trunk, along with
> > G_set_ls_filter() and the configure checks for the regex functions.
>
> My hope was to backport the fast version of g.m|xlist and g.m|xremove
> to GRASS 6.4.svn (where I need it).
> Which submissions are relevant? I see
>
> 33265: Add G_set_ls_filter()
> 33266: Add g.mlist, g.mremove
> 33268: Add configure checks for regex functions; Enable g.mlist, g.mremove
> 33269: Move element_list to lib/gis, for earlier availability
> 33305: Use basic REs by default; add -e for extended REs

Also, this is partially relevant:

  33267: Rename, update HTML files for g.mlist, g.mremove

The HTML files need to refer to g.mlist and g.mremove, but it's
debatable whether they should be renamed from description.html to
g.mlist.html and g.mremove.html.

Either name will work, but 6.x normally uses description.html,
reserving <module>.html for cases where there is more than one module
in the same directory. 7.x no longer supports the use of
description.html (this was changed to allow <module>.html to be listed
as a prerequisite).