[GRASS-dev] Testing needed for v.buffer2

Росен Матев r.matev at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 06:45:41 EDT 2008

Hello all,

My mentor Wolf and I are experiencing problems with the new buffer
module. For some certain input it works well on my system but doesn't
finish at all on Wolf's. We need some help to figure out what's
happening. Here are the details:
1) checkout https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons/vector/v.buffer2
and compile the module
2) set DEBUG=3
3) run "v.buffer2 input=busroute11 output=busroute11_buf distance=31",
where busroute11 is a map from nc_spm
(distances < 31.3 are problematic, 32 is fine on Wolf's system)
4) say whether the module finishes ok,  and send your debug output in
case it didn't finish
(on my machine it takes ~15 seconds for the module to finish
outputting the debug info)
Thanks for your time

Rosen Matev