[GRASS-dev] Compile only wildfire modules?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 10 08:37:14 EDT 2008

Rainer:
> I want to use the wildfire modules, and they are either EXTREMELY slow
> (even on the demodataset) or there is something wrong with them,
> because they seem to hang at 0% cells visited.

It is endlessly stuck in a while loop.
It's the second loop in r.spread/replaceHa.c, because the loop is
launched with smaller_child = 0.

    while ( (smaller_child <= *heap_len) &&
           (new_min_cost > heap[smaller_child].min_cost)) {

        heap[i].min_cost = heap[smaller_child].min_cost;
        heap[i].angle = heap[smaller_child].angle;
        heap[i].row = heap[smaller_child].row;
        heap[i].col = heap[smaller_child].col;

        i = smaller_child;
        smaller_child = 2 * i;

        if ((2 * i < *heap_len) &&
            (heap[2 * i].min_cost > heap[2 * i + 1].min_cost))
            smaller_child++;
    }

Martin wrote:
> g.gisenv set=DEBUG=5

fyi I just migrated most of the ifdef'd DEBUGs to G_debug() (g.gisenv).

> moment, I am compiling the grass completely - but there must be a way
> of compiling only the wildfire modules (or even only r.spread)?

cd raster/wildfile/r.spread
svn up
make
#insert optional install step here

> How long does it take with the demomapset in demolocation (excuting the
> script firedemo.sh manually)?

forever.

the test fire simulation dataset is here:
  http://grass.osgeo.org/download/data6.php

Hamish