[GRASS-dev] nviz compile errors on Mac OS X

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Sep 14 17:21:57 EDT 2008

On Sep 14, 2008, at 4:02 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

> I was looking in the target directory. Yes, it is there. I have a
> different result now (and in the target directory when I tried
> something). Nviz no longer crashes Python. It simply doesn't do
> anything. This is an improvement I guess.

So, python doesn't handle lack of permissions for the .pyc generation
very well...  Though since the GUI runs, I wonder if that's just
limited to .pyc for binary extensions?

When you say nviz doesn't do anything, do you get the nviz settings
and exit tools?  And behind the display window, maybe that "please
wait" windoid?

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an
illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy