[GRASS-dev] Re: Addons: r.sun2 segfault with -s

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Sep 29 06:25:27 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 9:04 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> hi again,
>
> while r.horizon is working in both modes, some troubles with r.sun2:
>
> Spearfish data set:
>
> g.region rast=elevation.dem -p
>
> # took these values from the manuak page:
> r.horizon elevation.dem step=30 e_buff=20 horizon=horangle dist=0.7 \
>              maxdistance=4000
>
> r.sun2 -s elevation.dem horizon=horangle aspin=aspect slopein=slope \
>          glob_rad=global_rad day=180 time=14
> Mode 1: instantaneous solar incidence angle & irradiance using a set local
> time
>
> Segmentation fault

Thomas Huld from JRC has fixed it:
- catching the missing horizonstep parameter above (horizonstep=30)
- additionally a bugfix for horangle map name scheme (before it wasn't picking
  up the horangle maps due to a name flaw, there was a Warning, tough).

r.sun2 seems to be fine now.
I would suggest that we substitute r.sun in GRASS 7 with r.horizon and
r.sun2 (renamed
to r.sun there).

Markus