[GRASS-dev] Updated WinGrass release installer now available

Colin Nielsen colin.nielsen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 10:01:34 EDT 2009

Yes that does clarify things and I figured there probably had been a
good reason for converting to a .bat file.

So given that lots of people like msys for various reasons, but that
we should make sure that is not required, is there a consensus as to
how should I set up the installer in terms of desktop and start menu
icons?

(As a side note when trying to use the GUI menu to switch the default
GUI I get the following error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:/GIS/GRASS-6-SVN/etc/wxpython/wxgui.py", line 515,
in OnMenuCmd

menuform.GUI().ParseCommand(cmd, parentframe=self)
  File
"c:\GIS\GRASS-6-SVN\etc\wxpython\gui_modules\menuform.py",
line 1716, in ParseCommand

xml.sax.parseString( getInterfaceDescription(cmd[0]),
handler )
  File
"c:\GIS\GRASS-6-SVN\etc\wxpython\gui_modules\menuform.py",
line 1657, in getInterfaceDescription

raise IOError, _("Unable to fetch interface description for
command '%s'.") % cmd
IOError
:
Unable to fetch interface description for command
'g.change.gui.py'.
)

-Colin