[GRASS-dev] Programming in GRASS

Patton, Eric Eric.Patton at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Thu Apr 9 13:28:58 EDT 2009

>I use XEmacs. I suppose it could count as an IDE, although it's more
>of an IEE: "Integrated Everything Environment".
>
>Apart from editing source files and Makefiles, it has facilities for
>running the compiler, parsing the error messages, and locating an
>error in the source code. It also has interfaces to GDB and to several
>revision-control systems. Also, viewers for manual pages, Info files
>and HTML files.

Yes, this is all well and good, but can it brew a cup of coffee? That
is a real consideration here ;^)

Although I do a lot of "prgramming" per se, I do a ton of script editing
with vim, and I know the editor has a ton of features for programmers;
it might be worth checking out.

P.S. Mostly, I only mentioned vim because Glynn brought up XEmacs. Zing!
Flame shields on, and have a good Easter weekend everyone ;^)

~ Eric.

About the only feature of "typical" IDEs which is missing is a GUI
front-end for managing the file hierarchy.