[GRASS-dev] Re: Border in ps.map3

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 16 09:59:29 EDT 2009

Jorge wrote:
> I try to add some features to 'border' and now there is
> three types.

wow, looks great!

> To select I use a subcommand of grid: format #, but any
> better idea?

I guess it is a mix of border, grid, and geogrid.
maybe border->style?

> The JPG show also the implementation of two type of
> grid-lines, the major line has always a text and the minor
> line never has text. If both style of lines
> is the same the 'effect' is equivalent to 'numbers'
> subcommand.

ok
it is possible to automatically select that on nice round
numbers, at the loss of user control. maybe try to auto-choose
a default but let the user set specific major/minor divisions
if they like?

> The grid is draw in UTM y LL proyection. Geogrid is only to
> draw LL in UTM projections

well, not just UTM -- any non-LL projection.

> but I don't clear possibilities on other projections because I
> use only UTM. Now I work implement geogrid in South
> projections.
>
> Also there is news in scalebar (new types, one IHO style)
> but in other e-mail.

I am interested to see and try it.

any chance to host in the addons SVN?

also, black/white bar borders seem popular with the GMT maps:
  http://www.seismology.harvard.edu/~becker/igmt/examples/example4.gif
  http://www.seismology.harvard.edu/~becker/igmt/examples/example1.gif

cheers,
Hamish