[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #73: r.out.gdal tiff output does not work

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 18 02:43:30 EDT 2009

Moritz Lennert wrote:

> In the current state is there a possibility of using gdal's acceptance
> of unvalid nodata ? And can we force a nodata value which exists in
> the map ?
>
> I would agree with Dylan that this kind of brute-force method should
> remain possible, be it through the suggested -f flag. I'm always wary
> of programs that assume they know better than you what you want ;-)
Added -f flag to force export in trunk r36769 and devbr6 r36770. With
the -f flag, r.out.gdal overrides the new safety checks, but still warns
if thinks there may be problems. Scripts will work as before, but raster
export will be aborted if any of the safety checks is not passed
(supposed to be a bugfix, not an enhancement).

I guess this ticket can only be closed after backporting to 6.4.

Markus M