[GRASS-dev] [Fwd: RE: [GRASS GIS] #562: patch proposal: do not show delimiters for empty labels in case of multiple cats per feature]

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Apr 20 10:58:32 EDT 2009

[Posting this for Adam]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	RE: [GRASS GIS] #562: patch proposal: do not show delimiters
for empty labels in case of multiple cats per feature
Date: 	Sat, 18 Apr 2009 07:25:00 -0700
From: 	Adam Dershowitz <adershowitz at exponent.com>
To: 	<mlennert at club.worldonline.be>

Moritz,

Yes, this is exactly what I had in mind.  I will watch for any discussions.

I have two other related suggestions.  1)  I would love an option to
change the delimiter character from "/" to something else.  That is fine
for a default, but being able to use "\n" would be great also.

2)  I found that v.label behaves differently from d.vect.  v.label
actually just displays the first value, and no delimiter or other data.
I would suggest a patch to have it create labels that are the same as
d.vect.  Thoughts?

The email below went to Bcc so I am just sending this to you, but feel
free to put it on any lists that you feel are appropriate for such
discussions.

Thanks much for following up on this.

--Adam