[GRASS-dev] terminology issues in grass7

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 27 03:44:52 EDT 2009

According to the Open Geospatial Consortium, there are some ISO
standards [1]. Of particular interest may be

- ISO/IEC 13249-3:2003, Information technology — Database languages —
SQL multimedia and application packages — Part 3: Spatial
- ISO 19107:2003, Geographic information ― Spatial schema
- ISO 19125-1:2004, Geographic information — Simple feature access —
Part 1: Common architecture
- ISO 19125-2:2005, Geographic information — Simple feature access —
Part 2: SQL Option

[1] http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards

Markus M