[GRASS-dev] Re: PROJ csv files sync GDAL -> GRASS?

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Tue Apr 28 06:57:17 EDT 2009

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009, Markus Neteler wrote:

>> I think we can remove the files and the associated stuff you mentioned if
>> these conditions are true:
>>  * The .csv files are always installed by default with GDAL
>>  * A GDAL installation is not considered a working installation if these
>>   files are not present
>
> I have no idea if the conditions are true...

Me neither. I think perhaps we should experimentally remove the files in
7.x and let GDAL find them itself, and see if there are any problems
reported. I will do that when I get some time.

> Since there are new additional CSV files which haven't been there before I
> also don't know if to add those or not.

Well they look like they might be relevant, and it can't do any harm to
add them, so I think for 6.x we should add them just in case they are
really needed by the more recent versions of GDAL.
So - a little more complexity for now, but hopefully if there are no
problems we can simplify all this for 7.x.

How does that sound?

Paul