[GRASS-dev] NVIZ X11 Interface

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at OpenOSX.com
Tue Apr 28 21:46:04 EDT 2009

On Apr 28, 2009, at 6:49 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

> NVIZ is built into the Python GUI in GRASS 6.4, just select the 3D
> view from the popup in the display.

Hi William,

Very interesting, thanks for the tip.

When I choose the "3D view" popup I get the following message:

	Error

	Unable to start Nviz. Python extension for Nviz was not found or
loaded properly. Switching back to 2S display mode.

	Details: No module named grass6_wxnviz.

I looked in the installation path and I see a:

grass-6.4.0RC4/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/nviz.py

But I cannot locate any files in the source or in the installation
directory called grass6_wxnviz. I don't see any  configure options for
it either.

Is there an environment variable or something that might need to be
set? The python interface is working.

Thanks again,

Jeshua Lacock, Owner
<http://OpenOSX.com>