[GRASS-dev] New: v.db.droprow

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Aug 11 14:23:06 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 8:10 PM, Moritz
Lennert<mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
> On 11/08/09 19:29, Markus Neteler wrote:

>>> Can't you do that with v.extract ?
>>
>> It is using v.extract. But IMHO most non-power users won't get the idea to
>> use a reverse extraction to remove vectors via attribute selection...
>
> Shouldn't this then be better documented ?

Please suggest where... (if I/user don't know that I have to use
v.extract for this
in the first place since I want to *delete*, it needs to be documented
elsewhere).

> Just wondering whether multiplying the number of small scripts is really the
> best way to go...

Well, since we have
r.mfilter + r.mfilter.fp or
r.colors + r.colors.stddev
r.grow   + r.grow.distance
r.rescale + r.rescale.eq
r.surf.idw + r.surf.idw2
r.what     + r.what.color

Luckily the v.* family looks better...

With vector objects removal I don't see the problem (while I agree in general).

Markus