[GRASS-dev] New: v.db.droprow

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 04:15:46 EDT 2009

Hi,

2009/8/11 Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>:

> to be able to easily filter vector maps geometrically (i.e. remove
> vectors) I have

> written the v.db.droprow script (G6.5; needs a Python port for GRASS 7).

Done in r38716.

> It removes vector objects (point, line, area, face etc.) from a vector
> map through
> attribute selection in the table.

Also not sure if we need this script. In any case the name is probably
misleading. Prefix 'v.db' indicates that the module modifies only
attribute data, not geometry(?)

I have some questions regarding Bash script:

* are these extra checks needed (it's done by v.extract) [1,2]
* unused variables [3]
* G_OPT_OUTPUT instead of G_OPT_INPUT? [4]

Thanks, Martin

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/develbranch_6/scripts/v.db.droprow/v.db.droprow#L86
[2] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/develbranch_6/scripts/v.db.droprow/v.db.droprow#L92
[3] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/develbranch_6/scripts/v.db.droprow/v.db.droprow#L97