[GRASS-dev] Re: About the vector changes

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Aug 13 19:38:21 EDT 2009

Markus Metz wrote:

> >> Patch attached.
> >>

> [...]
> > I've committed this (with fixes) as r38703.
>
> Do the Makefiles for the modules also need fixing with
>
> ifneq ($(USE_LARGEFILES),)
> EXTRA_CFLAGS = -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
> endif
>
> or is -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 now set globally in COMPILE_FLAGS and
> COMPILE_FLAGS_XX or similar?

Ultimately, it will be set globally, but we need to ensure that
everything can handle it before turning it on.

I originally thought that it should be set in config.h, but that would
require every file to include <grass/config.h> before including
<stdio.h>. Setting it in the compiler switches will be more robust.