[GRASS-dev] gmath/gpde Patch for grass6.5 and grass7

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Aug 14 21:51:26 EDT 2009

Hamish wrote:

> As for including LGPL code in the main trunk I personally don't have a
> problem with that as it reflects the upstream license/author's wishes,
> is new code, and is used as a library. By my reading the RFC2 doc nor
> 'g.version -c' & the COPYING file need any adjustment to cover this.
> But a formal decision on that may be a matter for the PSC.
>
> As long as everything in the lib/ccmath/ dir falls under the same (GPL
> compatible) license and the LGPL.txt file is placed in that dir I'd be
> happy.

If it's being included in the main GRASS tree, it would be simpler to
relicense it as GPL.

The main thing is to ensure that each file has a header stating that
it is licensed under the LGPL. In the absence of such a header, we
can't reasonably assume that any additions to the code are licensed
under the LGPL.