[GRASS-dev] lots of link errors in trunk (OSX)

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Aug 28 20:02:11 EDT 2009

William Kyngesburye wrote:

> > > wrote:
> >> Right; I committed at the point that everything built okay on my
> >> system.
> >>

> > I have tried again after svn update and "make distclean":
> > It now compiles ok. Thanks for the quick fixes.
>
> Still problems on OSX.
>
> g.proj is still missing GDAL.
>
> g.region, r.horizon, r.sun, r.sunmask, i.latlong are missing PROJ.
>
> v.select is missing GEOS (GEOS is configuring for me).

I've replaced most of the LIBES= and DEPENDENCIES= settings with data
from the linkage database. It should fix all of the above issues,
although it may have introduced some new ones (a total of 320
Makefiles were modified).

In particular, I suspect that some of them will need to have
dependencies for ICONVLIB, INTLLIB, SOCKLIB, XDRLIB, and REGEXLIB
added (these provide functionality which is part of GNU libc, so they
don't show up on Linux).