[GRASS-dev] Secret to compiling GRASS 7 on Ubuntu 9.10?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Dec 18 16:21:50 EST 2009

Isaac Ullah wrote:

> Thanks for the ideas. My ld.config.so only has one line: "include
> /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf" . What else should it have? Can I just add "
> /usr/lib64" as a line? What would be the syntax?

I assume that it behaves as if ld.so.conf contained the result of
"cat /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf", so look at what's in those files.

> I ran ldconfig, and then
> tried again (make clean, make, make install), but it still does not work.
> Output of strace g.region -p is:
>
> GRASS 7.0.svn (jordan_wgs84):~/grass_7_source/grass_trunk > strace g.region -p

[snip]

Wow; 65 attempts and it still fails.

At a wild guess, I'd assume that it's a 32-bit/64-bit mismatch. The
output from strace suggests that it's looking for a 32-bit library,
but if proj is in /usr/lib64, I'd assume that it's a 64-bit library.

If it *requires* a 32-bit library and you only have a 64-bit library,
no amount of configuration will make it work. But I don't have a
64-bit system, so I'm not too familiar with the issues involved.