[GRASS-dev] Secret to compiling GRASS 7 on Ubuntu 9.10?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sat Dec 19 00:55:32 EST 2009

Isaac Ullah wrote:

> Oh boy... That seems like a pretty big issue... My configure options for
> grass have 64-bit enabled, so shouldn't that set it up to look for all
> 64-bit architecture?

AFAICT, the --enable-64bit configure switch only affects AIX, HP-UX,
IRIX, and Solaris; it has no effect on Linux.

If you want 64-bit code and the compiler defaults to 32-bit, you
probably need to set CFLAGS explicitly before running configure.

> The contents of /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ are libc.conf and
> x86_64-linux-gnu.conf. The firs contains "# libc default configuration
> \n/usr/local/lib", and the second contains "# Multiarch support
> \n/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu \n/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu".  No /usr/lib64 in
> either of them. Shall I try to add t hat as a line
> in one of these files?

I would expect the existing files to be correct for anything which is
part of Ubuntu itself. If Ubuntu packages use /usr/lib64 and it's not
mentioned in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*, then I'd assume that it's hardwired
into ldconfig (as is the case for /lib and /usr/lib).