[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #465: r.proj.seg thins along null areas and raster bounds for bilinear and cubic methods

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Mon Feb 2 13:27:53 EST 2009

#465: r.proj.seg thins along null areas and raster bounds for bilinear and cubic
methods
  Reporter:  kyngchaos    |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
      Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
 Component:  Raster       |     Version:  svn-develbranch6
Resolution:               |    Keywords:
  Platform:  All          |         Cpu:  All
Comment (by kyngchaos):

 bilinear and cubic fallback methods added to dev6 (r35734) and trunk
 (r35735).

 Do you think it's OK to add them to release 6.4?

 P.S. After doing some timing tests (7500x5000 cells), I realized that disk
 IO is the limiting factor here.  duh.  So there is not the 4x and 10x
 differences from bilinear and cubic to nearest, more like 1.01x.  So my
 worries about speed were silly :S  Though larger regions may show more
 significant differences in speed.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/465#comment:15>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>