[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] Referencias de GRASS 6.3.0 nativo para MS-Windows

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Feb 8 02:54:18 EST 2009

Hamish,

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 8:07 AM, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:
> MS-windows (along with the new wxGUI), and it seems a bit crazy to be
> nearing the final release and still the thing hasn't even been tested.

At least 5 people are testing the new GUI in the installer... sure, there
could be more!

> It is a relief the OSGeo4W installer build is there for users to try,
> but it is not the same as double clicking on "install_grass_6.4.0.exe";

Fully agreed.
Maybe we could separate out relevant things into a GRASS only
installer? On the other hand folks often also want QGIS at least.

A first improvement will be to move GRASS to "Express Install"
which reduced installation to a few clicks.

> and IIUC there are still wxGUI issues with the OSGeo4W package.

Right - being worked on by a couple of people.

Markus (mostly observer here)

PS: I would like to do testing but don't know how to start grass64.bat
in the mingw shell in wine...