[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] Referencias de GRASS 6.3.0 nativo para MS-Windows

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 8 02:07:35 EST 2009

Markus wrote:
> Please download the new native winGRASS 6.4.0RC3 in
> shipping with the OSGeo4W installer:
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/
> -> Download the OSGeo4W Installer.
>
> GRASS is (yet) in the "Advanced Install" section.
> To see the list of available packages, see at top of
> http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/PackageListing

Hi,

I (sort of) understand the reasons why it hasn't happened, but we _really_
need to get the stand-alone WinGrass 6.4 installer built. After all, the
(co-)primary goal of 6.4.0 is to finally achieve a native Grass for
MS-windows (along with the new wxGUI), and it seems a bit crazy to be
nearing the final release and still the thing hasn't even been tested.

It is a relief the OSGeo4W installer build is there for users to try,
but it is not the same as double clicking on "install_grass_6.4.0.exe";
and IIUC there are still wxGUI issues with the OSGeo4W package.

slightly frustrated,
Hamish