[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] Referencias de GRASS 6.3.0 nativo para MS-Windows

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Feb 9 11:17:53 EST 2009

Hamish,

I agree with all you've said here. Perhaps a 'certified malware free'
notice is ludicrous and your suggestions for positive PR certainly
good. I just don't want to see OSS follow the lead of current product
labeling (e.g., admonishments not to use an iron while in the
bathtub). We want to be honest in both directions. The GPL license
that we always distribute (and indeed must distribute) contains a
healthy dose of disclaimer and is even quite readable, compared with
the legal fine print that accompanies most commercial software.

Michael