[GRASS-dev] Re: GRASS-dev] gis icons

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Jan 4 17:37:24 EST 2009

On Jan 4, 2009, at 3:17 PM, Robert Szczepanek wrote:

>> 6. Digitizing add various features. A plus is easier to understand
>> right away than a *. This makes grammatical sense: add a boundary
>> to a
>> vector, etc. It also complements the '-' for delete/remove feature.
>
> Digitizing you usually create new objects. For me 'create' is not
> the same as
> 'add' [1]. The same is with delete and remove.
> In other case of course we can use just + and -.

One comment here. Technically, the "create" happens when you create a
new vector file. Then you "add" or "remove" features from the file by
digitizing or other means (e.g., you can add points or area centroids
by other modules). Indeed you create the features, but you add them to
the vector file. Perhaps, this is angels dancing on the head of a

Michael