display in grass7 [was: Re: [GRASS-dev] r.watershed]

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Jan 21 10:53:20 EST 2009

On 17/01/09 07:03, Helena Mitasova wrote:
> P.S. I often do grass stuff from home over the net. For grass7 display
> through gui, even clicking off or changing
> the names of layers is rather time consuming compared to d.rast with x0
> (I have cable).
> Any hints, tricks on how to display maps fast when testing would be
> appreciated.

You could try ximgview. See [1] for Glynn's explanations of how it works.

I have also successfully used gqview as my viewer (just point it to
map.png and it gets updated automatically).

Not sure how any of this compares performance-wise when used over the net.

Moritz

[1] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2008-October/040589.html