[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] interactive multiple selection

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Fri Jan 23 05:05:48 EST 2009

I guess it allows per-map WHERE clauses for those modules that take
multiple input maps (such as v.patch). The global "where=" option
does not and assumes that all input maps have the same attribute
table structure and data ranges?

Ben

Moritz Lennert wrote:
> On 22/01/09 21:50, Hamish wrote:
>> slightly-related, but before I forget, I had an idea about the "adding
>> where= SQL queries to all vector modules in gr7" wish. hijack the parser
>> with a semi-colon.
>>
>> for example:
>>   v.module input="roads; WHERE surface IS 'gravel'"
>
> In what ways do you feel this is superior to input= where= ?
>
> Moritz

Benjamin Ducke
Senior Applications Support and Development Officer

Oxford Archaeology Ltd
Janus House
Osney Mead
OX2 0ES