[GRASS-dev] Submitting module to addons - r.sundenoise - mentor required

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Jul 3 17:03:51 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 6:26 PM, Martin Landa<landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/7/3 Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com>:
>>> In GRASS7 there is no extra support for shell scripts.
>>
>> This is IMO a huge, huge mistake.
>
> I do not claim that it shouldn't be possible to run shell scripts in
> GRASS7.

Hi (just digging through too many emails almost randomly):

so do you *assume* that it still works in 7 or do shell scripts work?
The latter is the aim in my opinion.

If GRASS 7 would refuse to work with shell scripts I had to stick
with GRASS 6 for my work since I have hundreds of them including
very complex workflows. Most likely I'll switch to Python later this
year but certainly I won't rewrite working scripts if there is no need.

So, just confirm that my existing scripts still run [1] and I am happy
supporter of a "Python preferred" policy for GRASS 7.

cheers
Markus