[GRASS-dev] Re: [SoC] GRASS - Network Analysis - report

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 4 05:59:41 EDT 2009

Daniel wrote:
> uploading centrality measures into the database takes an awful
> lot of time as I am doing it in a very naive way... I will look
> more into this next week.

I am no expert here either, but in the past this slowness has
been due to a method which opens and closes the DB for each
transaction, instead of just opening it once, writing everything,
then closing it once.

I only know the command line fix for it (single db.execute input
file containing SQL commands to run), but I am sure others on the
list might be able to give you some hints to the C API version
of that. e.g. v.in.ascii seems to manage it.

Hamish