[GRASS-dev] options label/description

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 05:39:37 EDT 2009

Hi,

2009/7/11 Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com>:

[...]

> The current naming is accurate.
>
> In a GUI, the text used as the "title" of a widget is called a
> "label". So in the option/flag structures, the text which is intended
> to be used as the label goes in the field named "label".
>
> These fields aren't restricted to the GUI (both are used in the
> command-line --help output and HTML documentation), so "tooltip" isn't
> appropriate.

sorry I couldn't find the previous discussion about this topic. Well,
would make sense to you to make 'label' mandatory. I still see as
confusing: if label not given, description becomes label. My
suggestion is to make 'label' mandatory. If label is too long then is
split into label/description.

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa