[GRASS-dev] Re: comparing r.cost and r.terracost [was: Re: [GRASS-user] affecting cat of closest feature as pixel value]

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Jul 15 12:49:32 EDT 2009

On 15/07/09 15:40, Laura Toma wrote:
> Hi Moritz,
>
> Terracost  runs in two modes:  in memory (when numtiles=1), and in
> external memory, using streams (when numtiles>1).   When run without a
> value for numtiles, it sets numtiles  to the optimal value. In all your
> tests numtiles was set to 1.   The algorithms in the 2 cases are
> different, so you also need to test with numtiles>1.

Trying to run with numtiles>1, I get:

TileFactory: Sorting internalstr...
file=/var/tmp/mlennert/terracost.tileStr:cannot read!: Bad address
r.terracost:
/home/mlennert/SRC/GRASS/grass64_release/dist.i486-pc-linux-gnu/include/grass/iostream/ami_sort_impl.h:91:
size_t makeRun_Block(AMI_STREAM<T>*, T*, unsigned int, Compare*) [with T
= ijCostType<costSourceType>, Compare = ijTileCostCompareType]:
Assertion `err == AMI_ERROR_NO_ERROR || err == AMI_ERROR_END_OF_STREAM'
failed.
Aborted

And the same, if I change all occurrences of /var/tmp in main.cc to /tmp

Moritz