[GRASS-dev] Re: comparing r.cost and r.terracost [was: Re: [GRASS-user] affecting cat of closest feature as pixel value]

Laura Toma ltoma at bowdoin.edu
Thu Jul 16 11:58:07 EDT 2009

This may be because you don't have rights to /var/tmp, or maybe the
directory /var/tmp/mlenert does not exist.
To change this location,  you do not need to change main.cc. Instead
use option

    VTMPDIR   Location of intermediate STREAMs
                    default: /var/tmp/username

I tried r.terracost .......VTMPDIR=.

and it put the  intermediate streams in the current folder.

The other potential problem is the location of the temporary streams.
The default is /var/tmp/, but the user can set it with option
       STREAM_DIR   Location of temporary STREAMs
                    default: /var/tmp

Even though main.cc explicitly executes a setenv,   it did not work
for me. I had to explicitly run from the shell:
export STREAM_DIR=/var/tmp/

-Laura