[GRASS-dev] GRASS7 rasterlib broken?

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 15 15:27:13 EDT 2009

Glynn Clements wrote:
> Splitting libgis into libgis and libraster means splitting G_gisinit()
> into G_gisinit() and Rast_init(). Obviously, if you split the function
> in two, any calls to the function also need to be split.
>
> I'll look into doing one-shot initialisation within the raster
> library.

It's a long stretch but what Rast_init() does may be in principle
similar to what does dig_init_portable() in the vector libs.
Initialisating of the raster libs in library instead of in module may
not be much of a time penalty since you're using static int initialized.

BTW, can a system with a byte order different from the byte order of the
original system read grass raster maps created on the original system?

Markus M