[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #695: Can't create a location using Select Coordinate System option with WXGUI Location Wizard

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Wed Jul 22 18:31:52 EDT 2009

#695: Can't create a location using Select Coordinate System option with WXGUI
Location Wizard
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  voncasec         |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
     Type:  defect           |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  Unspecified      |
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 I can't specify a UTM projection using the WXGUI's location wizard unless
 I also have a specific transformation parameter to select. For example, if
 I wanted to create a location using a UTM Zone 11 Projection with the
 NAD83 datum, I can only proceed if I choose one of the transformation
 parameters specific to either Florida, Maryland,Tennessee, Wisconsin or
 Washington. Since none of these transformation parameters apply, I have no
 option to select. The Next button remains 'Greyed' out unless an option is
 selected. Because Next remains 'Greyed' out, I am not able to complete the
 process of creating a location.

 Either a Default transformation parameter for the whole region should be
 added that is selectable, or people should be able to proceed without
 choosing a local transformation parameter.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/695>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>