[GRASS-dev] grass7 on WinGrass Multi.make deps

Colin Nielsen colin.nielsen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 12:51:42 EDT 2009

> Hamish wrote:
>> > while reviewing & streamlining the WinGrass build instructions I notice
>> > a work-around is given for the grass 7 Make/Multi.make file which looks
>> > like it might be a bug. It is step 4 for building GRASS 7:

I've been in the field and computerless for the last month but I'm
back on task now. The work around was actually designed by Glynn last
January at my request, but you seem to be right that it is no longer
needed as I just had a successful compile without it. After looking at
the message again it may have been a mistake to include it since the
real problem was a version issue with MSys' make (3.79.1 vs 3.81).
Either way I'll remove it from the wiki since it is no longer needed.

Thanks for all the work including those bugfixes Hamish. My intention
by documenting them all was that someone would do that.

> not deleted it yet. The WinGrass build instructions are rapidly approaching
> "how to install Msys for OSGeo4W".

This is fine with me, the real goal for me was that if I can compile
grass on windows, than I can develop/compile my own grass modules for
my research, on windows. It also had the excellent side benefit of
providing wingrass bugfixing.

On that, the latest trunk update gave the following errors when
compiling, but otherwise seems to be running fine:

/src/trunk/scripts/r.colors.stddev
make: *** No rule to make target
`/src/trunk/dist.i686-pc-mingw32/scripts/r.colors.stddev.py', needed
by `script'.  Stop.

/src/trunk/scripts/v.colors
/src/trunk/scripts/v.in.garmin
/src/trunk/scripts/v.in.gpsbabel