[GRASS-dev] Re: Raster lib in GRASS7

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sun Jun 21 20:45:29 EDT 2009

Martin Landa wrote:

> I am not sure if G__ structure from G.h should be completely
> initialized by GIS or Raster library or the structures from G.h should
> be split and initialized separately by both libraries?

AFAICT, there are two options:

1. The current region belongs to libraster; in which case, G__ belongs
in libraster, along with anything which uses it.

2. The current region belongs to libgis; in which case, G__ needs to
have the window and window_set fields moved back to libgis, and
everything which uses the remaining fields needs to be moved to
libraster.

As it stands, G.h has been moved to lib/raster, yet G__ is still
defined by libgis.Nothing in libgis should be including
"../raster/G.h". This needs to be fixed as a priority (personally, I
wouldn't have started committing anything until this was sorted out).

BTW, I intend to rename Rast.h to raster.h, to match (almost)
everything else in GRASS. Vect.h was a mistake, which I see no reason
to repeat.