[GRASS-dev] Re: Raster lib in GRASS7

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Jun 24 20:30:42 EDT 2009

Martin Landa wrote:

> >> I have moved selected fns from gislib to the new rasterlib. The list
> >> is very initial (some fns should be renamed, removed, etc.), I fixed
> >> also the modules to be compiled. The GIS and Raster library need to be
> >> clean up. The current stage is very initial.
> >>
> >> I am not sure if G__ structure from G.h should be completely
> >> initialized by GIS or Raster library or the structures from G.h should
> >> be split and initialized separately by both libraries?
> >
> > As you've noticed, the latter was done.
>
> thanks for cleaning it up.
>
> [...]
>
> I have prepared list of fns, see [1]. I would suggest to rename some
> of them. Waiting for you comments.

color_str.c should remain in libgis; it isn't specific to rasters
(e.g. it's also used by display modules).

G_incr_void_ptr() should probably be kept in libgis.

I'm not entirely sure about interp.c. There might be non-raster uses
for it, although DCELL should be changed to double if it's kept in
libgis.

But the window issue should be the priority right now.