[Fwd: [GRASS-dev] forked i.topo.corr, i.landsat.toar [was: my custom ps.map to ps3.map]]

Maciej Sieczka msieczka at sieczka.org
Wed Mar 4 12:58:50 EST 2009

E. Jorge Tizado pisze:

>> Is it absolutely necessary to fork the 2 addons?
>>
>> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/grass7/imagery/i.landsat.t
>>  oar
>> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/imagery/i.landsat.toar
>>

>> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/grass7/imagery/i.topo.corr
>>
>> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/imagery/i.topo.corr
>>

>> That makes it harder to maintain them.

> Sorry, but I don't understabd well that I must to do. The difference
> between both addons (GRASS7 and GRASS6) is the strcmp in G7 and
> G_strcmp in G6, I think the addons on GRASS7 work well in GRASS6 then
> it possible move the addons from GRASS7/imagery to imagery/. Is it
> that I can do to easy maintain?

Jorge,

I'm not a programmer. I was asking *you* if it is really necessary to
fork the code. If you can't tell please seek for answer on GRASS dev ML.

My point is that committing fixes and developing code addons is harder
if it is in 2 flavors, in separate locations. They might likely get
out of sync.

Maciek

--
Maciej Sieczka